EU progress report 2013
Prohibiting corporal punishment: achieving equal protection for children in EU member states. Progress report 2013
Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children
Type of publication
More than half the child population in the European Union enjoy full legal protection from all forms of corporal punishment in all settings. This report reviews progress towards prohibition in all European Union member states in the context of follow-up to the UN Secretary General’s Study on Violence against Children.
Intended as a key resource for all those entrusted with protecting children in Europe from this most common and deep rooted form of violence, the report includes:
- Graphic illustrations of progress towards prohibition in the region;
- Details of relevant European and international human rights law;
- Information on international and European campaigns for prohibition;
- Summaries of prevalence and attitudinal research from the region;
- A look at growing support for prohibition in the EU, including among religious leaders;
- Detailed individual country reports.
If you have questions or comments about this or any of our resources, or to request hard copies, contact us at email@example.com.